Monday, November 29, 2010

Excited for Our Friends!

I have an early morning tomorrow.  I volunteered to drive a friend and her family to the airport so that they can go to Disney.  I am so excited for them.  The daughter is dancing in two different shows at Disney as part of the Christmas celebration.  I can't imagine what a thrill that will be for my friend and her daughter.  I am picking them up at 4am so that they can be on their way to "The Happiest Place On Earth!"  I wouldn't do this for just anyone, this is one of my besties and her daughter is one of Molly's BFFs so they fit in that special "I'd do anything for you" category.  Best of luck to you Brynna!  Have a blast.

Now on to lunch.
Our main entrée is peanut butter and jelly on a hot dog roll.  Yes, a hot dog roll.  We had some rolls left over so we figured that we'd mix it up a little bit and put pb&j in it.  My Mom used to do this when we ran out of bread and it was so cool to be eating something other than a hot dog or sausage in a hot dog roll.  We'll see how Molly reacts tomorrow.

Our veggie side is another baby spinach salad with Trader Joe's Balsamic Vinaigrette.  This was requested by Molly.  She certainly is her mother's daughter.  We go through so much spinach in our house that I think it may be something that we try to grow in the garden next summer.

Our fruit side is Aldi Tropical Fruit Salad.  Again, by request.  Molly says that the pineapple isn't too tangy because the other fruits mellow it out.  You never can tell how sophisticated a 6 year old's palate is, but hers is pretty top notch.

Finally our dessert is Milk Chocolate Covered Gingerbread Hearts from Aldi.  These little goodies have an apricot filling inside of them that compliments the gingerbread and chocolate so well.  A yummy treat to finish a yummy lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment