Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Night Before...the Parade

Our small town has a fantastic Halloween parade every year.  All of the kids get dressed up and parade down the main street for everyone to see.  They have a judges station and give out awards for the best costumes.  I've seen some of the most creative costumes ever in this parade.

This year, we are going as a group.  The WHOLE family is in on this theme.  We are going as the cast from The Wizard of Oz.  Molly is going to be Dorothy, her sister is going as Glinda (the Good Witch), her brother is going as the Tin Man, Daddy is going as the Scarecrow, even our dog is going as the Cowardly Lion, and I am going as the Wicked Witch of the West.  Some would say that character isn't much of a stretch for me.  tee hee! ☺

I am writing this post very late because I am still doing some alterations on our costumes.  This also means that I haven't had time to make Molly's lunch.  So, she will be buying pizza tomorrow.  I have decided that I really need to organize my weekends better because it seems to me that Molly is buying on Monday an awful lot.  I'm confident that I will have more time tomorrow to make her lunch for Tuesday.  Wish me luck!

I can't wait to report on the parade.  It is always such a great time and the kids are beyond excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment