Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Different Monday Lunch

We usually have pizza on Mondays but we've decided to mix it up a little bit for tomorrow's lunch.  Today for lunch, we made chicken nuggets and had several left over.  So, why not use the leftovers for lunch since Molly really likes these all white meat baked chicken nuggets?  This makes for a very easy lunch for Mom to make on Mother's Day.
Speaking of, I had a fantastic Mother's Day.  Molly's Daddy let me sleep in a little bit and then he made my breakfast.  The girls were beyond excited to give me their gifts that they made at school.  Both of them were so adorable and I will treasure them for years to come.  I got to spend a good amount of time outside since the weather was gorgeous.  I also got to cuddle with each of my kids today.  Life is SO good!  I hope that everyone had as special of a day as I did.
Our main entrée is chicken nuggets.  Molly doesn't mind eating these cold so we have a win win situation.  These are being served with a honey mustard dipping sauce.

Our vegetable side is pickles.  Molly and her siblings love these mini dill pickles as a side dish.  Plus, they are a nice compliment to the chicken nuggets and honey mustard.

Our fruit side is an empire apple that has been sliced.  Molly enjoyed these so much on Friday that she asked for them in tomorrow's lunch.

Finally, we have her favorite yogurt for our dairy/dessert.  Here's another twist, it's strawberry instead of vanilla.  This was not by request but we figured that a few little twists here and there make it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment