Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey

*Disclaimer #1 - This lunch is NOT for Molly or any other child.  It is for my friend, Chris, a grown up.  She is a huge fan of the Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy and requested that I make her a fun lunch with it in mind.
*Disclaimer #2 - I have not read the books but did some research for this lunch.  I didn't think that the foods that Christian wants Ana to eat would be all that great in a packed lunch so I just went with the covers of the trilogy for my inspiration.
Our main entree is a mix of brown rice, steamed broccoli and Golden Tiger Seasoned Chicken (and veggies) for Lettuce Wraps.  We cut out mozzarella cheese and decorated it with our food safe markers to represent the Fifty Shades of Grey book cover.

Our vegetable side is carrot sticks.  We carved handcuffs out of a carrot and colored them, again with our food safe markers.  We put a few black olive slices under the cuffs to make them stand out.  This represents the book cover of Fifty Shades Freed.

Our fruit side is an apple.  We carved half of an apple to look like the mask on the cover of Fifty Shades Darker.  We added some iridescent sugar sprinkles to fancy it up.

Finally, we added a container of yogurt (with granola), a bottle of water and a napkin that held utensils.

We hope that Chris really enjoyed this healthy and fun lunch by request. ;)

In case you are wondering about the Chicken in the main entree, here it is.  We got it at Sam's Club and it is REALLY delicious and healthy.


2 comments:

  1. HAHA That is so cool! I must say that's one thing I never expected in a bento. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well chicky your lunch was absolutely fantastic... I must thank you from the bottom of.my heart for what you have for me... you did a great job portraying the book covers of 50 shades .... thank you again food my healthy lunch today...you are awesome...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete