Monday, January 17, 2011

Turkey Tuesday

Molly was adamant about what she wanted for lunch.  She asked what we had and when it wasn't what she wanted, she asked if I was going to the store tonight.  I agreed that I would go to the store and a little light in her eye gleamed.  I can completely understand why she was like this.  I was craving a salad all day.  Not a spinach salad (what we had on hand) but a nice romaine lettuce salad.  Most people crave chocolate and yes, we do too...a lot, but a salad?  Well, Molly's craving is a turkey sandwich with provolone cheese.  Guess the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.
Our main entrée is a turkey and provolone sandwich on whole wheat.  We also added some sprouts for crunch and a little bit of mustard to tie it all together.  We hope that this will satisfy Molly's craving. ☺

Our vegetable side is slices of cucumber.  Molly requested these as well.  She said that she really liked how refreshing they were today and wanted more tomorrow.

Our fruit side is the last of the strawberries from Molly's Grammy.  I noticed today that these strawberries are from Plant City, FL.  When I lived in Florida, I went to the Strawberry Festival in Plant City and it was amazing.  Hands down, the best strawberry shortcake I've ever had.

Finally, our dairy/dessert side is Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla yogurt.  Molly can't seem to get enough yogurt lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment