Tuesday, November 27, 2012

1st Christmas Lunch of the Season!

On the way home from dance tonight, I asked the girls what they would like in their lunches tomorrow.  Ready?  PB&J!  SHOCK!  But, they did ask for a Christmas theme and I am very excited to start the season off right.

Our theme is the candy cane.  When you ask my kids what Christmas is about, the first thing that they say is who it is about, Jesus.  The candy cane represents Jesus, not only in the "J" shape but a few other things that are beautifully described on this site.
Our main entree is a candy cane shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  We embellished it with our food safe markers.

Our fruit side is raspberries, blueberries and apples.

Our vegetable side is canned green beans.

Finally, our dairy/dessert is vanilla yogurt.  We have a small container filled with candy cane sprinkles for the girls to add to their yogurt at school.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love this lunch! Candy canes are my favorite! I love how you put the sprinkles in a container so that your girls can add them in themselves. Very good idea. I may have to try that in a future lunch!

    ReplyDelete